If you are sat at home this weekend contemplating starting your own small / micro home business or becoming a self-employed freelancer / sole trader then here are ten quick-fire business ideas to use as a starting point.
- Ad-supported batches of RSS feeds delivering content relevant to your tastes.
- Philanthropic tourism – you pay a premium for a holiday, with part of it going to help local people.
- A private curbside recycling service for areas which do not recycle.
- A drive-thru selling health food and nutritious sandwiches.
- A laundromat / video game arcade so people spend money on the games as they wait.
- Become a change consultant, helping companies that need to evolve or die
- A company which analyses case studies from real companies and sells the information collated as a subscription.
- Delivering food from local restaurants that don’t offer a delivery service.
- Write a book on the etiquette of various social media.
- Create your own ice cream flavours and sell them locally.
I hope this will inspire you to start your own business, but if you need further encouragement take a look at our competition – ST.