The top 5 tips weekly post is always full of hints and tips for small, home & micro business owners.
- Don’t underestimate the importance of their first few days on the job – this is the best time to teach.
- Make sure your employee has a complete understanding of your products or services & how your company differs from the competition.
- Introduce newcomers to all co-workers personally.
- Help them understand the culture of your business – for example, you may have a casual dress code but make it clear you will not tolerate a casual work ethic.
- Show the new employee how their individual work will contribute to the overall success of the company.
If you have additional tips, please share them in the comments section.