The top 5 tips weekly post is always full of hints and tips for small, home & micro business owners.
1. Be there as much as possible. Even if you have brilliant staff, standards will inevitably start to slip if you are not around to keep an eye on things.
2. Make sure that you understand every detail of your business, right down to the everyday minutiae.
3. Keep stakeholders (customers, staff, suppliers etc.) informed and create regular dialogue with each of these interest groups.
4. You must set an example with your work ethic. If you are slacking off, expect your staff to do the same.
5. ‘Hands-on’ does not mean micro-managment. Interfering too much will ultimately be disruptive and lower morale.
If you have additional tips, please share them in the comments section.