The top 5 tips weekly post is always full of hints and tips for small, home & micro business owners.
1. Make certain that you have strong, unconfusing policies on employment. These must be well communicated to employees and strictly enforced.
2. Stay within legal guidelines regarding employment. Discrimination or harassment in the workplace will result in big trouble.
3. Consider Employment Practices Liability Insurance (EPLI) to cover you against claims or lawsuits filed against you by employees.
4. A good recordkeeping policy is essential. You should keep detailed records of any disciplinary action taken, so you can justify it later if needed.
5. Select employees carefully during the hiring process. Look for people with a strong work ethic who are not interested in troublemaking.
If you have additional tips, please share them in the comments section.