The top 5 tips weekly post is always full of hints and tips for small, home & micro business owners.
1. It is important for you to locate where your customers are most likely to congregate online. This will vary based on your industry so choosing the right social network will ensure that you don’t waste time.
2. Set aside a certain amount of time every day for social media activities. You don’t have to spend a long duration, but it is important to have a continuous presence online to monitor conversations about your business and send out messages.
3. Don’t try to pretend to be something you are not. Social media is important because it shows the human face behind your business. People are more likely to purchase from someone they know and trust.
4. Become an online expert in your field by dispensing advice and playing a valuable role in online communities. Answer queries that people have and be helpful so that people get to know your business and the role it plays in your industry.
5. Listening is perhaps the most important part of social media. Many businesses misunderstand social media and use it purely as a broadcast medium. Instead, you should be monitoring what people are saying about your products and acting on the feedback you receive.
If you have additional tips, please share them in the comments section below.