The top 5 tips weekly post is always full of hints and tips for small, home & micro business owners.
1. The Xmas period is an excellent excuse to conduct marketing activities and contact the people who have purchased from you in the past.
2. It is important to be prepared for the festive season well in advance. If you know that deliveries will be affected, stock up on what you expect to need.
3. If you are relying on the postal service to deliver items to customers for you over the festive period, take into account the increased volume of deliveries and the potential for adverse weather conditions.
4. Make sure that you are available for urgent enquiries over the Xmas period, even if your business is closed. Getting a mobile phone that can handle email is a good way of doing this.
5. Have a Plan B in case things unexpectedly go wrong. It doesn’t matter how well you plan, things can go wrong extremely quickly over the holidays.
If you have additional tips, please share them in the comments section below.