The top 5 tips weekly post is always full of hints and tips for small, home & micro business owners.
1. Extensive research is essential before you even start considering exporting. Your product is likely to be subject to a wide range of tax duties varying by each individual country.
2. Make sure that you are aware of any modifications that you will need to make to your product so it is still legal to sell abroad.
3. There are a lot of hidden costs when exporting. Accurate costing is even more important than usual, otherwise you will end up selling your product at a loss.
4. Exchange rate fluctuations can make life difficult for any exporter. Try to stay ahead of the curve and seek specialist advice if needed.
5. Do not overcommit to exporting to the extent where it starts to affect business performance in your home country.
If you have additional tips, please share them in the comments section below.