The top 5 tips weekly post is always full of hints and tips for small, home & micro business owners.
1. Make sure that you have a clear policy in place at your small business to set clear guidelines for your employees about allowable expenses.
2. Great travel bargains can be found on the web if you are prepared to invest time looking for them.
3. Using a single credit card for all travel expenses will help to avoid costs spiralling. By choosing the right card you could also earn Air Miles as you travel.
4. Remember that travel costs can be deducted as business expenses. If your travel is part business and part pleasure, just deduct the business portion.
5. Consider whether you really need to travel at all. Most meetings or seminars now can be conducted virtually and therefore you need a compelling reason to travel.
If you have additional tips, please share them in the comments section below.