The top 5 tips weekly post is always full of hints and tips for small, home & micro business owners.
1. Make sure that employees are fully educated about all of the potential security risks that your business faces so that they are prepared to meet security challenges head on.
2. Try to integrate your security policies with the latest security technology and software wherever possible.
3. The importance of regular scheduled backups cannot be overstated. Train staff to perform basic backups unsupervised, or invest in an automatic backup solution.
4. If you have a mobile workforce, this will require a whole different set of rules and regulations. They will need training and education about the use of wireless networks and remote working.
5. Keeping your security software up-to-date is essential. Merely purchasing the software is not enough, because new online security threats develop on a daily basis.
If you have additional tips, please share them in the comments section below.