The weekly top 5 tips post is always full of helpful hints and advice for small, home and micro business owners.
1. It is possible to run a part-time business alone in addition to working full-time, but if you can receive aid and assistance from family and friends then it will be a far easier task..
2. Try to find someone outside the business who is prepared to oversee your company at regular intervals and hold you accountable for any problems or lack of progress.
3. Make sure that you are clear about the definition of “part-time business” and what this means to you. There is a big difference between spending an hour or so in the evening to working solidly through your weekend.
4. Discipline is the key to running a successful part-time business. You will need to tightly schedule your time every day, especially if you also work full-time. Clients won’t want to be kept waiting just because you are busy doing your day job.
5. Don’t be discouraged if a part-time business doesn’t work out. Look upon it as a learning experience and try again a few years down the line, using all of your accumulated knowledge to help you succeed.