The weekly top 5 tips post is always full of helpful hints and advice for small, home and micro business owners.
1. Building a powerful network of contacts is a major part of gaining influence in small business circles. You can then leverage your contacts within that network to call in favours or collaborate.
2. Try not to waste any opportunity to spread your influence. The best way to change the way that people think is to continually nudge them in the right direction with your words.
3. Make sure that you always try to talk in language that your target audience will understand. Creative people will respond well to concepts and images, while analytical people will often need data to grasp your meaning.
4. Mirroring the person you are talking to has scientifically been proven to be effective when dealing with others. This can involve copying the way they sit or stand, or even mimicking their gestures and tone of voice.
5. It is important to develop the right attitude so that you are giving off the correct signals to people. A large part of human communication is non-verbal, which often forces business people to learn a whole new mindset if they want to be successful.