The weekly top 5 tips post is always full of helpful hints and advice for small, home and micro business owners.
1. As a freelancer it is essential to make the most of your time. Ultimately the onus to complete projects and meet deadlines will fall on you, so it makes sense that you should outsource all non-essential tasks whenever possible, leaving you free to concentrate on clients.
2. Switch to an automated method of invoicing if you are still doing everything by hand. Manual invoicing is very time-consuming and the potential for mistakes is much higher, so using a template or specialist Invoicing Software will save time and money.
3. You will need to work to a tight schedule in order to maximise the use of your time. This is why planning is an important part of any freelancer’s life. Before you finish for the day, take five minutes to plan the next day’s activities.
4. Don’t set goals that will be impossible to achieve. As a sole freelancer, you will need to know your limits and keep your business on track if it starts to drift in the wrong direction.
5. Review your progress at the end of every working week. If you are not making enough progress on important projects than it is time to re-evaluate your working practices.