The weekly top 5 tips post is always full of helpful hints and advice for small, home and micro business owners.
1. With the job market still in a period of turmoil, it is more likely than ever that a small business will be able to attract some graduate talent. Graduates can help you to take another look at your business practices and also introduce fresh ideas.
2. Try to get your business involved early on with students and don’t just wait for them to graduate before you begin interacting with them. A large number of graduates employed by small businesses will have had work experience or an internship there already.
3. Use social media to communicate with graduates. This is actually an extremely powerful tool for recruiting graduates because many of them will use this medium on a daily basis.
4. Don’t expect for any fresh graduate to necessarily stick around for much more than a year. They are likely to move on after a short period and you will have to go through the employment process again. However, they can provide a very useful short-term boost to your business.
5. Try not to fixate on finding somebody with a specific degree unless you work in a highly specialised field. Any graduate is likely to being a whole host of useful skills to your business in whatever role they take.