The weekly top 5 tips post is always full of helpful hints and advice for small, home and micro business owners.
1. Write articles about your industry that will either inform people or provide valuable advice, then share these articles for free over the Internet. There are countless knowledge portals and article e-zines that are always in need of fresh content in exchange for a link back to your business website.
2. Social media is a great way of driving traffic towards your website. Whenever you update your website or add a new blog post make sure that you share it with your fans and followers on social media.
3. A regular newsletter is a great way of reminding customers that your business still exists and provides an impetus for them to re-visit your website. Encourage people to share your newsletter as this will only serve to widen your reach.
4. Link exchange is a proven way of generating additional traffic and it is also probably the least time-consuming option on this list. Simply find partners who are willing to work with you to host a link to your website and vice versa. However, it is important that the partner offers a similar kind of content to you or else there will be no search engine benefit.
5. A more time-consuming (but also very effective) option is to join online forums and communities relating to your industry. You will need to establish yourself as a trusted presence by participating regularly over a long period of time, because developing a good reputation on the Internet is not something that happens quickly.