The top 5 tips weekly post is always full of hints and tips for small, home & micro business owners.
1. Be aware that just because a candidate looks good on paper, it doesn’t mean they will be suitable in practice. Consider a structured assessment test to see if their skills meet your expectations.
2. You may wish to conduct a complete background check on an applicant in order to uncover any possible problems that may occur in the future.
3. Consider having the candidate interviewed by one or more of your employees so that they can also assess their suitability.
4. Try to think about whether the applicant is a good fit for your company culture. If they don’t fit in with the rest of the team they could disrupt office harmony.
5. Remember to trust your gut feeling when it comes to hiring someone. If you have the nagging feeling that hiring someone would be a mistake, you may want to listen to your intuition.