The top 5 tips weekly post is always full of hints and tips for small, home & micro business owners.
1. When preparing for a video call, check your background. Try to broadcast without any distractions or movement in the background as this may affect the quality of the call.
2. It is tempting to multitask during a conference call, but don’t forget that you are on camera! Try to wait until after the call to write emails or check your Blackberry, no matter how tempting it may be.
3. Remember to dress up! You should wear the same attire that you would if you were attending the meeting in person.
4. Whenever possible try to consider the lighting and positioning of the camera. Although you aren’t making a movie, a well-lit area and good camera angle is recommended.
5. Don’t forget that videoconferences are subject to the same etiquette as any other business meeting. This means introducing yourself, sticking to the topic at hand and not being late, rude or interrupting.