The top 5 tips weekly post is always full of hints and tips for small, home & micro business owners.
1. The stress of juggling business management while bringing up young children can be a major stumbling block for fledgling businesses. If your budget allows it, try to outsource all non-essential functions of the business in order to make it a bit easier on yourself and give the business the best possible start.
2. Make sure that you keep your workspace entirely separate from the children. This will allow you to maximise your productivity during the time periods when you are actually able to work and establish clear boundaries.
3. Speaking of boundaries, you will need to know exactly where to draw the line. Running a business as a mum is great, but it is important that it doesn’t have a negative impact on your family life or the life of the young child.
4. Don’t get isolated. As a mumpreneur you can easily spend the whole day either looking after children or running your business.
5. If you are going to start a business as a side project, do be aware that it has the potential to really take off and become successful. You need to be prepared for that scenario to possibly happen and think about what you would do next if it did.