Top 5 Tips posts from the SME Blog are always full of hints and tips for small, home & micro business owners.
1. Make sure that you are able to prioritise your workload in order to tackle it in the most efficient way possible. Your entire schedule should be based around ‘most important tasks first’ so that if you overrun or something new crops up then you will have already got the essential things done.
2. It can be difficult for small business owners to find enough time to maintain a healthy lifestyle, but remember that keeping a healthy body and mind is essential for you to be able to give 100% to your business venture. Try to set aside time to eat healthily and get exercise.
3. Take a proactive attitude with everyone you have dealings with. Don’t sit around and wait for them to get back to you. If you need them to do something for you, chase it up.
4. Communicate closely with family and friends to let them know what is going on with your business. If things are too hectic to meet up with them right now, at least let them know why that is. Don’t risk alienating them.
5. Finally, don’t forget to ask for help if you really need some. Family and friends will be likely to give you a hand if you are struggling. Don’t fail just because you were too proud to ask for assistance.