Top 5 Tips posts from the SME Blog are always full of hints and tips for small, home & micro business owners.
1. Try to make as many useful professional business contacts as possible in your local area, even if it means attending lot’s of tradeshows / exhibitions or networking events. You want your business to be in the forefront of everyones’ mind if your industry is the topic of discussion.
2. If you receive complaints about a particular aspect of your business then you should look at spending some money to address those issues. Problems that continue over a long period of time will only drive customers away.
3. Use some of your profits to advertise in ways you haven’t yet tried. Perhaps you could take out a full page advert in the local paper or offer free samples at a community event.
4. Giving something back to local people is a great way to build the reputation of your business. Perhaps you could hold a seminar on entrepreneurship or launch a loyalty scheme.
5. Find out how businesses of similar size in your local area are spending their money. Perhaps they reinvest or maybe they are more interested in building up capital. Use their choices to help you make a decision.