The top 5 tips weekly post is always full of hints and tips for small, home & micro business owners.
1. Allow customers to purchase from you in the way they want to, rather than just limiting them to one method. For example, if you only accept payment in person at your shop then you are excluding anybody who might want to purchase from you over the phone or across the Web.
2. It is important for your business to be able to accept credit cards. The credit card gives additional security and peace of mind to the purchaser, plus in the case of B2B sales it will also give them extra time to make the payment, which is something that will be appreciated.
3. To make things run as smoothly as possible, you should always try to integrate your payment data with your payment system. This will remove any data inaccuracies that could be caused by human error. It may also help you to receive payments quicker and improve your auditing and compliance.
4. Make sure that you select a payment provider that is secure, technically savvy and financially stable.
5. It is essential that your payment system is encrypted and that the computers and other electronic devices you use are secure and protected from viruses and other dangers.