Top 5 Tips posts from the SME Blog are always full of hints and tips for small, home & micro business owners.
1. Make sure that your email Inbox is totally clear of anything urgent and that you have replied to everything important. You can set your email to provide an ‘out of office’ message and let people know when you will be back.
2. Turn off alerts on your phone if you want to really disconnect. Nowadays with smartphones you may feel like you are never really away from your business even when you get some precious time off, so make sure you won’t get email notifications or incoming business calls.
3. Let people you work with know where you are going to be and tell them how you can be contacted in an emergency, but make it clear that you shouldn’t be bothered for trivial matters.
4. Keep your social media presence active even if you aren’t there. Schedule a few good updates to go out whilst you are away.
5. Work hard before you go away to ensure that you won’t have a lot of things outstanding when you return. Plus, it will feel more like you are deserving of the break!