Top 5 Tips posts from the SME Blog are always full of hints and tips for small, home & micro business owners.
1. Let people know the story behind your business. Many people support small businesses purely because of the people who are in charge of them and knowing about the struggles they go through.
2. Engage with your customers on social media. However, a dead social media page that is never updated will put off potential customers and make them wonder where you have disappeared to, so don’t commit to it unless you are sure you will be able to keep it regularly updated.
3. Look at what your competitors are doing online and keep up to date with developments in their business. This will allow you to react faster when it is time to make a change in your business.
4. Make sure that your business is supported by the software it requires to makes it successful. Bespoke software is often the wisest choice for a small business.
5. Give your customers more than they expected. You should always attempt to exceed expectations rather than just doing the bare minimum.