Top 5 Tips posts from the SME Blog are always full of hints and tips for small, home & micro business owners.
1. Try to not choose a name so obscure that it would require specialist knowledge to even understand, unless you are really only targeting a niche market.
2. On the opposite end of the scale, make sure you don’t select a name that is so generic it doesn’t mean anything at all!
3. Check to make sure that the name you want can be trademarked and it hasn’t already been taken.
4. Use Google AdWords to determine whether people are already searching for that name. This will also enable you to find out similar search terms and combinations of words.
5. Resist the urge to give your name a whacky spelling that might seem cool but will really only make your business harder to find online.