Top 5 Tips posts from the SME Blog are always full of hints and tips for small, home & micro business owners.
1. Nowadays a small business has more access to helpful data than they ever had before. Use Google Analytics and Facebook Insights to work out what is and isn’t working for your business.
2. Hire talented young people that you think could become a great asset for your business. With the job market still in turmoil and no end in sight to the current economic woes, people will be more likely to stay with your business for the forseeable future.
3. Watch how the innovative companies in other sectors operate and diversify e.g. Apple. You can set your own future course by being forward thinking in your approach.
4. Embrace new tech instead of resisting it. The change can be disruptive to your business but it can also be extremely cathartic and continually refresh your business, breaking you out of harmful habits and damaging rituals.
5. Read about your industry constantly. Listen, watch and take it all in. Learn to recognise the signs that mean change is coming and adapt your business accordingly.