Top 5 Tips posts from the SME Blog are always full of hints and tips for small, home & micro business owners.
1. Work to fill the knowledge gaps that you are aware of in your business. Knowledge is power so surround yourself and your business with knowledgeable people. If you can’t find a suitable mentor, employ someone with the knowledge you need instead.
2. Be proactive in trying to find someone. Unless you ask for help you simply won’t get any.
3. Attempt to form mutually beneficial relationships. If you have knowledge about a particular area, try to find someone who has the knowledge you require and help each other out.
4. Get as many opinions as possible when you have to make big business-changing decisions. Learn from people who have been in your position before, especially if they made bad decisions. You might be able to see why they made bad choices and avoid them yourself.
5. Remember that asking for help in business is not a sign of weakness. Every successful entrepreneur has someone who they admired and learned from at one stage of their development.