Top 5 Tips posts from the SME Blog are always full of hints and tips for small, home & micro business owners.
1. Don’t base your marketing strategy off something you have read in a marketing textbook. The world of marketing is changing at a rapid pace due to new technology and the old ideas might be irrelevant now.
2. Endeavor to keep yourself informed about new technology in any way possible, whether this involves attending free webinars or conducting Google research.
3. If you struggle with new technology, employ young people like graduates and interns for whom technology is second nature and learn from observing them directly.
4. Plan your tech purchases carefully and only upgrade if it will add significantly to your business.
5. Try to make do by doing it yourself. Make incremental tech upgrades rather than spending huge amounts on large upgrades.