Top 5 Tips posts from the SME Blog are always full of hints and tips for small, home & micro business owners.
1. Don’t let it come as a shock to you when an employee is off on holiday. If you are unaware of their coming absence until the day they go away, there is most likely something wrong with your system.
2. Remember that during this Summer period a lot of your customers will also be away. Try to take the possible payment slump into account when planning ahead.
3. Always make sure that there is someone who is available who knows how (and is authorised) to perform specific tasks, such as making payments to suppliers.
4. Ask staff if they mind handing over access to their emails to someone else for the time they are away – this will help avoid nasty surprises or annoying your clients by not responding.
5. Train staff to be flexible in their job roles so that when someone goes away they can easily cover some of the work of the person on holiday.