Top 5 Tips posts from the SME Blog are always full of hints and tips for small, home & micro business owners.
1. Social media is a never-ending job. You can automate some of it but be aware that you will always need to interact with the people who follow your business or comment on your blog or else they will quickly lose interest. If you can’t be bothered to listen to them, why should they listen to you?
2. Don’t use social media to constantly shout from the rooftops about how great you and your company are, without ever posting anything else. This is not just redundant, but downright obnoxious.
3. Never use social media to get into arguments or feuds online. This is probably the most unprofessional thing imaginable and yet inexperienced small business owners often do it.
4. Remember that everything you say online will represent your business. It’s great to show the personal side of your business, but mind your language and don’t say anything inappropriate that you wouldn’t say in public.
5. Stay on topic. No-one wants to hear if you are ill or having marriage problems on the social media page of your business. Save it for your personal account!