Top 5 Tips posts from the SME Blog are always full of hints and tips for small, home & micro business owners.
1. Take a look at the plans you made at the start of the year. Now is a good time to revise your goals based on the performance of your business so far. If you have set yourself impossible targets it can be demoralising for you and your team.
2. Have a massive clear-out, especially if you work from home. De-cluttering your office to remove or file unneeded paperwork can help you to regain focus when it has been lost and get back to priorities.
3. If you find that you have become more disorganised and unable to get enough work done, try to get into more of a routine and schedule your entire day if necessary. Once you establish a routine, completing your work on time usually becomes second nature.
4. Get back complete control of your finances. The stress and worry caused by poor or lazy financial management can leave your business at a standstill. Invest in some accounting software that actually works or get in touch with your accountant.
5. Write down what you absolutely must achieve before Christmas so that you can salvage something from the rest of the year, even if it has been disappointing up until now. Ending the year strongly should put your business right back on track for 2013.