Top 5 Tips posts from the SME Blog are always full of hints and tips for small, home & micro business owners.
1. Try not to overlook how important it is for you to maintain a positive reputation for your business online. Any negative things that people say about your business online are likely to show up whenever someone searches for it online.
2. You need to proactive about monitoring what people are saying about you online. To this end, you should check search results relating to your business at least once per month to see what comes up.
3. If someone is saying negative things about your business online, it is important to go directly to the source. Opening a dialogue with that person, whether they are a disgruntled customer or just an Internet loudmouth, is usually the best way to resolve things amicably. Ultimately you should be aiming to sort their problem to the extent that they retract their original statement.
4. Sending out regular press releases is a good way to promote positive things about your business to the top of the search results and push anything negative further down but don’t be disheartened if it takes a very long while to achieve the desired results.
5. Using social media is the best way to bypass a lot of what other people are saying about your business and take searchers directly to the source. Your social media pages will usually appear right at the top of any search results and it will also allow you to communicate directly with your customer base, avoiding any potential misunderstanding or conflict.