Top 5 Tips posts from the SME Blog are always full of hints and tips for small, home & micro business owners.
1. Don’t wait until it is too late to put security measures in place to protect your small business from cyber crime or data loss. Establish which data is essential to the day-to-day operations of your business and then devise a plan for keeping it safe.
2. Make sure that every person in your business is au fait with, at the very least, the basics of data security. They should be aware of how to create secure passwords and know what to do in the event of a data breach.
3. Use software that makes backing up data simple so that you can simply set it up and forget about it. The WinWeb Sync software for the Online Disk app is one such type of software – once activated it will automatically sync with your cloud storage to ensure that the latest version of your files are backed up.
4. A good antivirus solution is essential for anyone running a business. Trojans and viruses spring up constantly so you need an antivirus that updates at least once per day to combat the latest threats. This doesn’t have to be expensive – there are great solutions available for free, just do some research!
5. If your data is highly sensitive, you should definitely be encrypting it to stop anyone unauthorised from getting their hands on it. Invest in some good encryption software to ensure your intellectual property is secure.