Top 5 Tips posts from the SME Blog are always full of hints and tips for small, home & micro business owners.
1. You will need to have the right platform to deliver your products or services to international markets, whether it be software or a website that acts as the mechanism. Some types of product or service may even require help from Virtual Assistants to sell.
2. Seek expert help from people who have done exporting before and were once where you are now. Finding the right business mentor can be critical to the success of any global expansion.
3. Make sure that you do some research to check that your product isn’t illegal in some countries. Although there are unlikely to be serious consequences for you, it might not be sensible to get your customers put in jail!
4. You may have to be proactive in protecting your intellectual property by cracking down on fakes or copies of your creations. If you are a victim of this sort of international crime you may need to speak with a lawyer to see what can be done.
5. Know your existing competition in the market. There may be certain countries where you have no rivals at all in your sector and it is up to you to make the most of this advantage quickly to become established.