Top 5 Tips posts from the SME Blog are always full of hints and tips for small, home & micro business owners.
1. Know your eventual destination and understand what you ultimately wish to achieve from the actions you take as a small business owner. Are you hoping to build a franchise? Or perhaps become the industry leader? These might seem like lofty goals but with the right attitude and a lot of hard work you can get there.
2. It is also essential that you know where you are starting out from. You need to be aware of what resources are at your disposal and the skill sets you have (or need to acquire).
3. Make sure that you don’t attempt the journey alone. Even if you can’t afford to employ any staff yet, there are mentors and great free advice available for any small business owner – you just have to know where to look.
4. Try to avoid backing yourself into a corner and hobbling the ability of your business by going down a metaphorical “one-way street”. If you rely too much on one particular thing or person your business will be in trouble if they are no longer around.
5. Remember there is no rush, so don’t try to run before you are able to walk. Laying the groundwork over time will ultimately make your business more prepared for success when it eventually arrives.