Top 5 Tips posts from the SME Blog are always full of hints and tips for small, home & micro business owners.
1. Be aware that many of your bigger rivals will be offering holiday discounts in order to drum up extra trade. If you are thinking about doing the same, be mindful of whether you can actually afford to and don’t discount too low for too long as it will devalue your products or services.
2. Don’t ignore customer feedback about what they would like to see from your business during the holiday period. If there are seasonal products that you keep getting requests for then you should be stocking them to make life more convenient for your customers.
3. Consider a holiday makeover for your business website. You should add holiday stock to your online shop and optimise it for search engines as there is always a lot of holiday shopping web traffic.
4. Make sure your business is targeting the right people. Your CRM database should allow you to perform targeted marketing over the holiday period.
5. Don’t forget that a lot of holiday shopping takes place at the last minute or in the days after Christmas. Make sure your infrastructure is able to cope with a large rush of shoppers just before and after the big day.