Top 5 Tips posts from the SME Blog are always full of hints and tips for small, home & micro business owners.
1. Start this new year with a post-mortem of all the things you did right (or wrong) in 2012. It is important for you to understand exactly why your actions succeeded or failed so that you know how to adjust your approach in 2013.
2. Make sure that you reward your key staff so that they feel motivated to stay with your company for another year. If they feel undervalued then you run the risk of losing them.
3. Conversely, don’t be afraid of making big changes such as letting go of employees who add nothing to your business or stop doing things that don’t make you any money.
4. Try to ensure 2013 is the year your small business finally harnesses the power of the Internet. Start a blog, get active in social media and begin engaging with people.
5. Perhaps most importantly, ignore all the doom-mongers and naysayers who predict another miserable year for small business – make your own success story.