Top 5 Tips posts from the SME Blog are always full of hints and tips for small, home & micro business owners.
1. Hosting a conference is one of the best ways for your business to network with the movers and shakers from your industry or even get some face-to-face time with your customers, especially if you normally only sell your products online.
2. Make sure you choose the right venue for the conference. You will need somewhere that is professional but can also be flexible enough for your requirements, with office space, function rooms, board rooms and perhaps a lounge area too.
3. Putting on a conference is a huge undertaking and you will most likely need all of your staff on-board to attend and represent your company and its products. You will also need to ensure that the venue has experience of hosting these kind of functions.
4. Co-operating with other businesses that provide products and services that complement your offerings is a great way to reduce the overall cost of the conference. The more parties that are involved, the further the cost for your business will lower.
5. If your really want to make a splash and break into a new market, consider hosting your conference abroad. Find a locale that is suitable (there are some excellent Hong Kong conference venues, for example) and start promoting your business overseas.