Sometimes it isn’t easy for a brand new business to make sales without a marketing budget to spend. How are you supposed to get people to notice your business when there are so many others vying for attention? Here are our Top 5 Tips for making sales without spending any money:
1. The first step is obviously making sure that all of your social media profiles are up-to-date so that people can contact you if they need to. Regularly updated profiles with correct information will help determine what appears when people search for your business.
2. Let people know about your expertise, whether it is through blog posts, social media or on relevant internet forums. Once you become an authority on a particular interest / hobby / niche then people will look to you for advice and by proxy they will also be interested in the products you provide.
3. Once you manage to attract customers, dialogue with them is important. You want them to recommend your business to all and sundry so if there is a problem, it will need to be uncovered ASAP. You may find it best to provide courtesy calls to anyone who purchases from you so that you get instant feedback and can smooth things over if there has been an issue.
4. Keep people informed through as many channels as possible. Email newsletters, social media updates and a good CRM system will ensure that customers continue to know everything they need to about your business.
5. Perhaps most importantly, get yourself out there and sell your business to as many people as possible, whether it is in person or making sales calls. To start making money you will need to put in a huge amount of effort, at least initially.