Even though many businesses are increasingly moving to the Cloud to manage and store their data, there is still a need for the majority of office environments to be equipped with a printer. Today’s tip column reveals our Top 5 Tips for choosing the right printer for your business:
1. Your business is likely to be on a tight budget and every purchase needs to be justified. You can actually save a lot of money by purchasing a device that will be able to perform multiple functions instead of just printing. Multifunction printers are a lot more friendly to the average SME budget and although they might not do everything quite as brilliantly as a standalone device, something like the Epson WorkForce WF-2530WF would cost a lot less and take up much less of your office space.
2. If your business is looking to cut down on the amount of paper that it uses then you might want to consider a Duplex printer like the Brother HL-2250DN . Duplex printers are clever devices that automatically print on both sides of the paper, so that at the same time you are not just reducing your environmental impact but also cutting costs and reducing the amount of paper you have to store.
3. Consider whether or not your business needs a laser or inkjet printer. Laser printers are generally a lot more expensive than an inkjet equivalent and that is because they don’t have an ink cartridge to replace every few months. Basic ink printers such as the HP Deskjet 1010 Colour Printer
are extremely good value for the type of small business that will only be printing very occasionally. If you don’t really care about possibly voiding the manufacturer warranty then you could use a third party refillable ink system and reduce the amount you spend on ink by a large amount.
4. If speed is an issue and you are going to be printing hundreds or thousands of copies of things on a regular basis, you will want something really fast like the HP Officejet Pro X551dw Printer which is actually the World’s Fastest Printer according to Guinness – who knew there was a World Record for that?!
5. For businesses that require really high quality photo printing they will most likely require a specialist printer like the Canon PIXMA PRO-100 Professional Photo Printer. These type of printers are specifically designed for professionals and as such are not suitable for needs of the average business.