The weekly top 5 tips post is always full of helpful hints and advice for small, home and micro business owners.
1. Do your research before getting started with social networking. Don’t assume that you can jump straight in and expect to be a great success. All social networks are very different and you will be expected to conduct yourself appropriately.
2. You need to know your audience before trying to engage with them. Identifying the right audience can be difficult, but by understanding the people who are purchasing your products and services it makes it easier to market to them.
3. Understand what it is that you wish to achieve from your social media use. Do you want to generate customer leads or perhaps raise awareness of a new product? By setting specific measurable goals it helps to evaluate the success of your social media policy.
4. Spend time crafting your message and make sure it is appropriate for that social media platform. For example, if you are selling a complex product that requires a lot of explanation then the short 140 character status updates of Twitter are probably not your best option.
5. Evaluate your progress with social media at regular intervals and don’t be reluctant to change tactics if you feel it isn’t working out.comments powered by Disqus