Here is this week’s news round-up for home business, micro business, sole-traders, freelancers, self-employed and any one who is interested in small business news from India:
- SBI to offer collateral-free loans upto Rs one crto SME’s: State Bank of India today signed an agreement with credit guarantee fund trust for micro and small enterprises to offer collateral free credit upto Rs one crore for SMEs.
- What Countries Are The Most and Least Friendly To Small Business?: Laggards include India. Our quest for startup-friendly countries began with the World Bank’s Doing Business reports (doingbusiness.org), which every year measure the entrepreneurial climate of 175 nations in two ways: starting and
- Dell launches brand Campaign for India: Bangalore, Oct 23 : Targetting the lucrative Indian Small and Medium Business (SMB) market, the leading IT supplier Dell, today launched new market initiative -’Take Your Own Path’.
- WinWeb Supports Global Entrepreneurship Week 2008: WinWeb announces today it’s global support for Global Entrepreneurship Week 2008 and Make Your Mark – Enterprise Week 2008 running from November 17th to the 23rd, to foster small business start-ups and the entrepreneurs of the future.
- Recession looms as UK economy shrinks: Oct. 26: The British economy has confirmed the predictions of recession as its GDP growth dropped into negative territory this quarter.
- Financial Accounting Service Outsource To India: Bookkeeping Services India is accounting service provider firm in India for financial accounting services, financial accounting business and bookkeeping accounting software. Outsourcing Bookkeeping Services is a beneficial to online bookkeeping organizations to gain competitive advantages of their small business needs. Financial Accounting Services is a one type of successful and functioning part of your small business.
- India enchants small-time firangi entrepreneurs: His members are mostly small and medium scale entrepreneurs from industrial sectors, finance, retail and real estate. ZaaBiz.com has a popular online group called Gateway to India, for entrepreneurs abroad to discuss business
- United Prosperity and Rails to Help Billions of Small Entrepreneurs: There are billions of small entrepreneurs all over the world who need a small loan to start or grow their businesses. However banks will not lend to them without collateral. Most of these small entrepreneurs are poor and have no …
- Dell plans to up focus on India biz: As a part of this strategy, the company is rolling out its first brand campaign in India roping in real-life business heros and entrepreneurs to endorse its products, especially targeting the small and medium businesses. This is in a slight change in its marketing strategy which was earlier largely focussed on the large enterprises.
- SME eye opportunities in software processing industry: VietNamNet Bridge – A workshop to discuss opportunities in software processing industry for small- and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) opened in Hanoi on Oct. 27.
- Cut in SME spend amy hurt IT cos further: The Indian IT sector, which has been adversely affected by the global economic slowdown, might lose some of its business from the domestic small and medium enterprise segment as well.
- Lenovo brings ThinkServer range (CIOL): BANGALORE, INDIA: Lenovo today announced the expansion of its product portfolio with the launch of ThinkServers targeted primarily at small and medium businesses (SMBs), besides mid-market companies, branch offices and retail stores in India.
As always this list is not exhaustive, but I hope it will give you a little overview. — ST.comments powered by Disqus