Top 5 Tips posts from the SME Blog are always full of hints and tips for small, home & micro business owners.
1. Even small businesses should be doing all they can to try and reduce their energy emissions. Try to re-think your working practices and decide where savings can be made, such as switching off workstations entirely when not in use or changing to energy efficient lighting.
2. When purchasing supplies or equipment for your business, buying recycled gear will not only help the environment but can also save your business money. Recycled materials are also a great option for any business that manufactures their own products.
3. Adopt cloud computing for your business IT requirements. The Cloud is widely regarded to be more energy efficient than any corporate IT department and can cut energy consumption and carbon emissions in comparison with any organisation running the same software on their own infrastructure.
4. Include environmental impact as one of the key factors in any product or service design that your company launches. By including this right from the design phase it allows you to consider your environmental impact at every stage of development.
5. Integrated software systems are another useful way of benefiting the environment. You will save energy by using less computing power and less energy will be used by the developers in creating updates.